A ‘smart’ campus responding to meet the needs of all aspects of Education, Health and Wellness
The campus of All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Nagpur is located in the Special Economic Zone, MIHAN of the vibrant orange city of Nagpur. Fostering a culture of excellent medical education, clinical care & biomedical research, this 150-acre campus is one of the largest among colleges of Central India. The planning & skillful architecture aims to provide the infrastructure to integrate the best possible modern healthcare services and medical education under one roof. Here’s a bird’s eye view of the facilities on campus:
- OPD hospital complex with comprehensive outpatient services, including laboratory testing facilities & radiology
- Super specialty departments of Cardiology, Nephrology, Pulmonology, Oncology, Transfusion Medicine and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation providing day-care facilities like dialysis, angiography, pulmonary function test, blood storage facilities, etc.
- Department of Radiodiagnosis with CT scan & MRI facilities and state of the art imaging techniques like X- ray, ultrasonography & mammography
- Examination rooms, Phlebotomy, Minor procedure rooms, and minor operation theaters
- Day care wards with Infusion Bays, Chemotherapy and therapy garden
- Pharmacy (Amrut)
- Emergency block
- Dedicated COVID IPD wards & ICU, including special services for Mucormycosis
- Pediatric COVID ward and Post COVID ward
- Medical College Academic wing with lecture halls, seminar rooms & state of the art practical & laboratory set up
- A computerized central library with an extensive collection and advanced facilities like e-library
- Administrative section
- In - campus accommodation facilities – hostel (for UG & PG students) & quarters (for faculty, nursing officers & staff) with provision of mess, sports area (both outdoor & multipurpose indoor complexes), gym, parking area, etc.
- Guest house
- Full-fledged Dharamsala for the patient’s attendants with many dormitories, kneading rooms, dining rooms & parking lot.
- Dedicated wing for AYUSH.
- Community outreach centers (PHC program) at Nandanvan and Bela in collaboration with the Department of Preventive and Social Medicine
The spacious hospital facilities are designed to provide easy accessibility to the patients, with ramps for physically challenged people constructed in every pathway. The in – patient wards are air conditioned and with plenty of light, bringing in a hopeful environment to aid in patient recovery.
There are five fully furnished air-conditioned lecture halls dedicated to conduct classes for the students of AIIMS, Nagpur. They are equipped with modern teaching tools like LCD projector for presentations and wireless microphone system. The practical laboratories & dissection hall of pre-clinical subjects are designed with all modern facilities for better teaching and clinical teaching with use of simulators and live demonstration is perfect for honing the practical skills of students.
With the aim of innovative and ground breaking Medical Research, various research facilities are being developed in the campus. The Institute is also in the process of procuring various equipment with cutting edge technology to facilitate the same.
The campus has adequate accommodation with all above mentioned facilities for the students including a 13-floor U.G. male hostel, 6-floor U.G. female hostel, and a postgraduate hostel at present. Construction of other hostels including nursing student hostel and PG (married) hostels is in full swing. All hostels have round-the-clock security & CCTV cameras.
Several other facilities are envisioned to provide excellent & world-class facilities under one roof and are soon to be reality including:
- A full-fledged IPD complex with wards of all Clinical Departments, Isolation Rooms, Radiography Unit, and Blood Bank
- A separate Nursing College.
- A beautiful auditorium with the latest audio-visual equipment, and more.
Overall, the campus is a promising home to a vibrant and diverse medical community of students, doctors, para medical staff and research scholars, all united in their passion for learning, providing service and attaining excellence in their ventures.